The primary objective of this program is to eliminate the attitude of ragging among students in schools and colleges.
- Jeevaratchanai along with George Town Taluk Legal Services Committee organized Law Awareness Programs among youngsters at schools and colleges. One such program was conducted in Muthialpet Boys Hr.Sec.School, George Town, Chennai.
Children are our future and valuable to every nation. Whereas, the problem of child labor prevails and continues to pose a challenge before the nation. Government has been taking various pro-active measures to tackle this problem. However, considering the magnitude and extent of the problem and that it is essentially a socio-economic problem inextricably linked to poverty and illiteracy, it requires concerted efforts from all sections of the society to eradicate this problem.
- Along with Tamil Nadu State Legal Services Authority, George Town Taluk Legal Services Committee, Jeevaratchanai conducted an awareness program on “Observation of World Day Against Child Labour” promoting the strict enforcement of Child Labor Act and other labor laws to ensure that children are not employed in hazardous employments, and that the working conditions of children working in non-hazardous areas are regulated in accordance with the provisions of the Child Labor Act. It also entails further identification of additional occupations and processes, which are detrimental to the health and safety of the children.
Child Safety / Sexual Abuse
We create awareness about child abuse to children of all ages and their parents. We have an open talk with children about keeping them safe from abuse. Since child abuse has always been an ongoing issue, it is our responsibility to create an awareness to bring a change in their lives. They don't have to be quiet like we did in our days. The kids enjoyed the activity session and also made awkward faces when we mentioned certain details.
We also provide training on child safety and protection to all staffs and volunteers who work with children.
We believe that this opportunity will open up doors to bring an end to child abuse at least in the community we serve.
- Child Safety / Sexual Abuse Awareness was conducted in 2017 for children from the Kasimedu, Pencil Factory, Model Line, ASirvathapuram areas
Medical Awareness Programs are conducted in the slum areas, villages, and schools in Tamil Nadu for drug and alcohol abuse, health and hygiene, adolescent health education, HIV – AIDS and many more. Seminars and personal counselling is conducted on health and social issues and how to overcome it.
- Extensive Counselling was rendered to nearly 30 Arrack Sellers in the areas of Moolakothalam. As a result of this challenging task given to Jeevaratchanai by H1 Police personals they have all quit the arrack selling job and are now in good reputed small scale jobs.
Legal Aid Awareness Program is conducted to deliver the knowledge regarding the feasible benefits the public can obtain from the government and legal aid provided. Jeevaratchanai plays the vital role not only in organizing the complete program but also in finding the solution and reaching it to the people without fail by working along with the respective area Police officials, the Chief Judges, Magistrates & lawyers. A common session is conducted by the law officials delivering the legal awareness about the social and economic justice and providing legal assistance to the poor and needy persons. Thereafter individual counselling is rendered on receiving the petitions from each individual who are in need of the aid. These petitions are then being forwarded to the state legal aid, district legal aid, taluk legal aids where the resolution is given and the common people are benefitted.
- Legal Aid Awareness Program conducted in 2003 at Meyammai Hall, Old Washermenpet, North Chennai along with H-1 Police & District Legal Aid. Honorable Thiru. A.R. Ramalingam, Principle Judge of City Civil Court was the chief guest.
- Legal Aid Awareness Program conducted in 2003 at Tondiarpet, North Chennai along with District Legal Aid.
- Legal Aid Awareness Program conducted in 2003 at Sir Theagaraya College, Old Washermenpet, and North Chennai along with District Legal Aid.
- Mega Legal Aid Awareness Program by State Legal Services Authority conducted in 2013 at Tondiarpet, North Chennai.
- Mega Legal Aid Awareness Program by State Legal Services Authority conducted in 2013 at Kilpauk, Central Chennai.
- Mega Legal Aid Awareness Program by State Legal Services Authority conducted in 2013 at Santhome, South Chennai.
Traffic Law Awareness Programs are being organized and conducted for auto-rickshaw drivers, cab drivers, two wheeler riders, lorry drivers and bus drivers in order to maintain the law, order, and discipline in the society and public. They are educated and trained with awareness on traffic rules and regulations. Several young and dynamic volunteers are also trained & certified to control the traffic during traffic jams.
- With extensive support by the H-3 Traffic Police personals including the Sub-Inspector Mr.Vijayan, and CSR Coordinator of the H-3 Tondiarpet Traffic Police Station Traffic Awareness Programs were also conducted for MTC Bus Drivers and Conductors at the Bus Depots in Tondiarpet in 2005.